You know your furbaby would love to share Thanksgiving Dinner with You~!
Want to treat your pup to some tasty Thanksgiving foods?
Check out these dog-friendly options to ensure a safe holiday for your pets!
- Apple Slices - Dogs can't resist the crisp fresh taste of apples! Be sure to cut them into slices being sure to keep the core and seeds out. Apples are an excellent source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C making it and extra tasty and healthy snack for the holiday.
- Sweet Potato - While you're making sweet potato casserole for the humans, cut a few slices of plain sweet potato and roast them in the oven for a healthy dog-friendly treat. Be sure to remove the skin to make it easier for your dog to digest. Sweet potatoes are full of vitamins and antioxidants, and are also a great source of fiber for your pup.
- Green Beans - Adding some plain cooked green beans free of seasoning and salt is a great idea to add to your pup's normal meal time without adding extra calories or fat. Plus, they're super healthy, too! Dogs love them.
- Broth - Putting a small amount of low-sodium broth on top of your dog's bowl of kibble is a super easy way to enhance mealtime with a tasty addition. Chicken broth, vegetable broth, and beef broth are all great options!
- Pumpkin - Plain pumpkin puree (not the kind for pumpkin pie) is full of vitamins and minerals! Adding a small teaspoon to your dog's bowl is a great way to add moisture, improve their digestion, add fiber, and give them Vitamin E, Iron, and Potassium!
What will you be doing for your pet this holiday to make it special for them? Be sure to tag us in your festive photos on Instagram! @naturesselectofnorthernco